Sunday, February 19, 2017

Playing Outside.... By Myself.... 2.18.17

After my plans to work today (Saturday, February 18, 2017) were changed, I decided to take a little hike while Maya was attending Delta Academy.  I found that Jamestown Park had some walking trails, and I was more than elated when I found the natural paths.  These pictures will look like a bunch of dead trees and nothingness to some, but to me they're a great flashback to my childhood when my cousins and I went walking through the woods as young kids.  Those were some of my best times in life.  We were carefree explorers. I may have mentioned it before, but until recently I didn't realize that we were really hiking.  To us we were just playing outside.  So today, I played outside by myself.


Add caption


Minus the bridge, this reminds me of catching 'crayfish and salamanders' down at the spring





I tried to walk across this, and actually made it halfway.


Sample of the terrain


A beautiful patch of green






The lake was glistening in the distance

No comments:

Post a Comment