Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Raving at Raven Rock (7.8-7.10.22)

Since a few of us were already going to be camping at Raven Rock State Park for a kayaking event, I decided to do a hike for Outdoor Afro Greensboro/Triad network.   We participated in a short ranger led program and mini hike on the Long Leaf Trail before headed out on the Raven Rock Loop Trail.  The RRLT is one of my favorite hikes.

My van had a gas leak, which had me terrified, and I just couldn't get myself in a good mindset to get photos of the campsite.  Plus it was H-O-T!!!!

But my Jamester came to visit me with her furbaby, Ginger.  They melted outside with me for a little chit chat.


Ranger Lindsay Baker was absolutely phenomenal.  She was very knowledgeable and interactive. 


"Leaves of 3, leave them be".  I now feel like I can identify poison ivy, thanks to Ranger Lindsay.



















No comments:

Post a Comment