Friday, June 9, 2017

And then they were white.... (5.27.17-5.28.17)

I am a true D-I-Y-er at heart.  That's a Do-It-Yourself-er.  So in the effort to save money and update my house, I made an attempt to change my brown wood doors to white.  Throughout the years, I've actually enjoyed having the brown doors.  It's a less modern look, but for me, it was something different from everyone else I knew.  It also gave a nostalgic feel.






So as my adventure begin, everything was going great.  I had removed some of the door knobs, spray painted them, and was prepping my white paint.  As I was about to shake the paint can a little, I somehow managed to drop it.  Of course, the top busted and paint went everywhere.  I typically refrain from profanities, but I just couldn't hold it in at that moment.  Lord, please forgive me.  I hustled to get the paint off of my hardwood floors.





Despite the initial mishap, I managed to get the fronts of all the closet doors and the front and backs of the entry doors painted white.  I still need to do 1 or 2 more coats, but for now I'm satisfied.





I think I'll leave the next paint jobs to a professional though.  My body was so soar!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment