Sunday, June 3, 2018

Hump Day Sunday (6.3.18)

The first time I did it was when I was a little girl.  I remember going to some type of fair (possibly the VA State Fair) with the Drapers.  At some point towards the end of the fair, I bravely volunteered to ride.  It was so scary because of the side to side motion and the big pile of poop to the side of us.   All I could think was that I was somehow going to land in the poop.  Thank God that I didn't fall off of him, but I didn't want that to be my only memory.

So when I saw the Fox 8 news story, I was so excited to check into it.  And of course, I did.

We learned so much about these unique animals. There are two types of camels-Dromedary, which has one hump (you can remember this because the letter D has one hump), and Bactrian, which has two humps (you can remember this because the letter B has two humps).   A lot of people think the humps store water, but they're actually fat reserves.  Camels have a life span of 40-50 years.  If I were a camel, I'd be a senior citizen!!!  :)   It's just so beyond amazing to me how God created each of the species with special characteristics.  I won't go into all the deets, but I enjoyed my time.


Me & my Jamester












This baby camel was only 2 months old.

Reesie thinks she's a dog.

Ruth, say "Hi" to the camera.


The cross on donkeys backs represent the cross of Jesus.

Notice how the baby camel is smelling the other lady's underarms.

This little bugger was so aggresive!

 Jamie developed a "special" relationship with the goat.



Oscar was sucking on his "pacifier"








  Jamie & I enjoyed our time at Carolina Camel Rides in Ramseur, NC.  Great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment