Monday, June 11, 2018

Parties, Paints, & Paws (6.8-6.10.18)

Parties & Paints:

6.8.18:  Maya celebrated her 14th birthday with some friends/family at Kickback Jacks on Friday night.  Dwayne, Dee, & I chaperoned.  I meant to take pictures, but I assumed she was doing so.  Unfortunately, neither one of us did.  But I hope she holds on to the memories in her head.

I did get a pic of the note that went on her party favors.


6.9.18:  My dear friend celebrated her upcoming birthday with a paint party.  This was my first one, and I enjoyed it.  I've never considered myself very artistic, but I'm proud of my little work of art.

Friends since 2nd grade

In an imaginary world, this is my silhouette looking forward, with my big blowout hair swooped behind my neck while I'm sitting on a brick wall.
;


I had to make a mad dash to head to my church member's graduation party.  Sadly, I didn't get to stay long since I had to go to another party.  Congratulations, ZH!!!  Happy to have you join the Aggie family.

Shelia's surprise party didn't quite turn out the way her hubs had planned.  However, she was still surprised, and we all had a great time.





Paws:

6.10.18:  After church, I volunteered at the Greensboro Animal Shelters free adoption event.  I manned the front gate with some other volunteers.  I've learned that it truly is harder for me to spend time with the actual animals-mainly the dogs.  Growing up with Rufus, I just have a natural love for dogs.  It hurts my heart to see some of the older dogs and formerly abused dogs knowing that I can't bring them home.  Although Bentley works my nerves sometimes, I came home happy to know that he is well cared for and loved.

It was so hot that the curls fell out of my wig!!!  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment