Sunday, November 26, 2017

One, two, Wooooooo (11.25.17)

It's Friday night at 7:05pm.  The tv is set to channel TBS.  It's Saturday night at 6:05pm.  The tv is set to TBS.  It's Sunday night at 6:05pm.  The tv is set to TBS.  And this is how the weekends went throughout my childhood- almost every weekend for upteen years.  What was so important that we had to watch it that many times???

WRESTLING, of course.   My grandma loved wrestling, and if we were home,  it was on the tv.  "Kick 'him!" "Stomp him!"  "Grab him in the nuts!"  Sorry, but those were her words,  not mine.  And she was in her late 60s-70s saying all of this.  It was hilarious to watch,  and I really miss those moments.

That's why working at the WE Starrcade tonight ended up being so nostalgic.  This is the 3rd or 4th wrestling event that I have worked, but tonight was super special.   It was like riding a cloud back in time.   I was able to see several of the people that my granny was screaming at through the tv, live and in person.

Arn Anderson, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat,  The Rock and Roll Express, Dustin Rhodes in honor of Dusty Rhodes, and the incomparable "Woooo" man himself, Ric Flair, were all in my presence tonight.   Legends. 

The sad part is that I wasn't able to get any pics since I was working.   But the visuals from my childhood memories have just been renewed.  

Ginny D and I definitely had our differences throughout the years, but I felt her spirit with me tonight.   And I enjoyed every minute of it. 

1 comment:

  1. That made me smile. To have memories are awesome but to be able to build upon them and see from Granny point and feel what she loved is like coming full circle.

    ReplyDelete