Monday, November 13, 2017

Veterans Day with a Veteran (11.10.17-11.12.17)

For whatever reason, my family loves the Navy.  I guess it started with my Uncle Bunky being the first, then a slew of cousins followed suit.  I even almost joined after high school and then once again before I went back to A&T, just to get school money.  However, the thought of morning PT, being overseas on a boat, someone really bossing me around, and many other reasons ruled it out for me.

After visiting my two cuzzos in the FL/GA area last year, I knew I wanted to go back this year with the intent of taking my girls.  Unfortunately, Dee didn't get to go, but Maya and I rustled up my mom (who is typically planted tree root deep in VA) and we headed down to GA to visit my cousin William.

We headed out Friday late morning, and ended up at a Cracker Barrel along the way.  The waitress brought me this pickle vinegar, which I had never heard of before, so I gave it a try.  It was actually pretty good, and it had a kick to it.



One day, I'll stop having the camera all up in my face looking huge for these selfies!

Since she didn't want to properly pose for the pic, this is what I'm posting.

Thanks Tamika for the breakfast both mornings. We concluded that these kids just can't get enough of Snapchat.  Her daughter, Kayla, is just as addicted as Maya.  Here I am doing reenactments of their Snapchat binges...







Saturday morning after breakfast and chit chat, we all suited up for a visit to the new Ikea in Jacksonville.  Maya and I have already been to Ikea a couple of times, so it was going to be interesting to see everyone else's first experience.  Apparently, many other people had the same idea.  I couldn't believe that we had to park and take a shuttle to get to the place.



Will is UM's biggest fan!  They mutilated Notre Dame that night too.



It was an overwhelming experience, and I don't think William will be going back to Ikea!!!


Of course, I was reppin' for my Aggies and trying to talk Kayla into coming to A&T

Quick selfie at the mall after Ikea
  It was a quick visit, but well worth it.  I definitely enjoyed our time there.




Four cities in three days (and five cities in three days for my mom), and I think I'm already ready to do it again.  Until next time....

William's pet ducks

Maya knocked out somewhere along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment