Wednesday, May 22, 2019

A&T Graduation & Reunion Weekend 2019

As an usher at the coliseum, I've had the pleasure of working/attending the past ten A&T graduations.  I must say that the May 2019 graduation was by far the best.  I witnessed a young lady praise in a way that I've never seen a graduate do before.  You typically see people do a mini shout or dance for a few seconds, but this young lady really felt her praise, and I could feel it also.  She had me crying.

Here's the video...


And here's the clip from her news story...
https://myfox8.com/2019/05/17/nc-at-students-dance-of-praise-during-graduation-ceremony-goes-viral/

I knew that December of this year would celebrate my 15th year as an A&T alumna.  I had seen the emails (although I must've barely looked at them), but I didn't realize the true details of what the reunion weekend meant.   I did volunteer for the photo shoot, however, I thought it was only for the silver and gold Aggies.  Little did I know, was that the reunion weekend was for everyone who had been out of school in increments of 5 years.  In this case, for classes graduating in years ending in xxx4 and xxx9. 

I was able to actually take a class picture with the grads of 2004.  I guess others weren't aware either, and there was only 3 of us (I didn't know the other two gentlemen).

I got to see so many other people that I knew, and I had a great time.  Here's a pic with me and the other volunteers.



I look forward to actually fully participating in 5 years for my 20th reunion.

AGGIE PRIDE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment