Monday, September 9, 2019

Football, Fun, & Fam (9.5-9.8.19)

I'm glad that I finally enjoy watching football.  I had three days in a row of football fanatics from Maya's JV game on Thursday, 9/5 (Dudley v. Page; Dudley won!); then the varsity game against Page on Friday, 9/6; and lastly, A&T's game at Duke (sadly, we lost).

I will say that the A&T versus Duke game was exciting.  However, the traffic and the congestion inside the stadium was crazy!  The worst part, other than the Aggies losing, was the 30 mile trek we had to take from the parking deck to the actual stadium.  Typing this on Sunday, my legs feel as if they are going to just fall off from my hips!  That campus is completely too big for me, and I never need to go back.  



But before heading to Duke Saturday morning, I headed to WS to meet Schmanne & Shana.  We attended our very first roller derby.  I must say that it was very fun and intriguing.  There were some questionable things, but I won't get into that here.  We met 'Rainbow', who has to be the best customer service provider on the planet.  She gave us Fan Zone passes and broke down the entire point of the derby to us.  Shana was able to get us entered as stand-by contestants for the Tic Tac Toe Derby relay, and we won!!!  I'm even thinking of dusting off my skates and becoming part of the Greensboro team next year.






Here's a link to our relay race.....



On Sunday, Maya & I headed to Martinsville to celebrate with my mom at First Baptist Church's 123rd Anniversary/Homecoming.  It was nice to fellowship with many of my hometown church family members.  My mom was on the committee, and I think she did a great job getting the presentation together with Renee's help.



No comments:

Post a Comment