Sunday, October 15, 2017

Too Live Crew Hits the Water 10.14.17

Sunday, 8/20/17-
Schmanne:  "Would you go whitewater rafting?"
Me:  "Yup.  Let's go.  When?"

And now the rest is history.....

After googling some places and working through our schedules, Schmanne, Shana, and I opted to take on the water with Blue Heron Whitewater Rafting in Marshall, NC (just outside of Asheville, NC).

I know I called them a gazillion times (well, maybe 2-3), but definitely with a gazillion questions.  I'm adventurous, but I've got to do my research first.  My biggest concern was my motion sickness.
  Ed was our guide.  He kept us entertained with local history and corny (but funny) jokes.



How many Martinsvillians does it take to pump gas???








Shana leaped from a rock into the water.  So proud of her.
























Schmanne and Shana were both brave enough to jump out of the raft to ride the waves.

At the very end, in an effort to rescue someone else's duck, our raft got stuck on a rock.  It was the funniest part of the entire ride.  But thank God we survived, and motion sickness didn't show up for the adventure.

Although we're not ready to ride in a duck solo, I think we're ready to take on class IV and V streams.

What can we do next, Ladies????

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of your adventurous and bravery soul! It's looks like fun... but the what it's and the fear of the unknown?!?! Lawd, help me overcome my fears.

    ReplyDelete